Treating Injuries Covered by WCB and Calgary Employers
At Brentwood Physiotherapy, our experienced physiotherapists specialize in treating workplace injuries covered by WCB or your Calgary employer. We provide customized treatment plans to help you fully recover from your injury and prevent re-injury or complications down the road.
Whether your injury was caused by an accident, repetitive strain, or improper ergonomics, our WCB-approved physiotherapists have the skills and experience to help you heal. We work closely with WCB case managers, doctors, and your employer to ensure you are getting the treatment you need to recover and return to your job duties safely.
Types of Workplace Injuries We Treat
Our physiotherapists have extensive experience treating both acute workplace injuries and long-term repetitive strain injuries. Common injuries we treat include:
- Sprains and strains – injuries to muscles, tendons, or ligaments from overexertion or improper movements. Back strains, wrist sprains, and knee ligament tears are some of the most common examples.
- Fractures – broken or cracked bones often caused by falls, being struck by objects, or other high-impact accidents. Treatment focuses on safely restoring mobility and strength.
- Repetitive motion injuries – caused by performing the same motion over and over such as typing or lifting. Examples are carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and rotator cuff tendinopathy.
- Traumatic injuries – caused by workplace accidents. Examples are concussions, burns, dislocations, and head or spinal cord injuries. These severe injuries require specialized rehab and close coordination with doctors.
- Cumulative injuries – caused by repetitive tasks or strain over time leading to conditions like chronic back pain or joint arthritis.
Comprehensive Recovery Services
Our clinic takes a comprehensive approach to help you fully recover from your workplace injury. Services we provide include:
- Physical assessments to evaluate your injury, capabilities, work duties, and ergonomic risks
- Hands-on manual therapy to improve mobility, decrease pain, and promote healing
- Customized stretches and exercises to improve strength, and function and prevent future injuries
- Modalities like ultrasound, ice/heat therapy, and electrical stimulation to reduce pain and swelling
- Education on injury prevention, proper techniques, and staying active through recovery
- Recovery milestones and graduated return to work planning
- Communication with your WCB case manager, doctor, and employer
We also provide ergonomic assessments for preventing repetitive strain injuries. Our physiotherapists can evaluate your workstation setup and recommend adjustments to improve posture and reduce strain.
Physiotherapy for Workplace Injuries in Calgary
At Brentwood Physiotherapy, our physiotherapists are workplace injury specialists. You will receive one-on-one care with a highly skilled physiotherapist with over 25 years of experience treating back, knee, ankle, neck, and shoulder injuries.
If you have been injured at work, it is important that you report the accident to your supervisor and see a doctor, before you come in for physiotherapy. Your WCB claim may take a few days days to process but you will be able to see a physiotherapist for free as long as you’ve seen your doctor. Once your claim is accepted WCB will cover for all physiotherapy treatments and rehabilitation supplies. To learn how we can provide individual and innovative recovery plans that have a measurable impact on patient health contact us at [email protected]